About this event
Area of Interest: Cyber Security
Led by an (ISC)² authorised instructor, this training course provides a comprehensive review of information security concepts and industry best practices, covering the 8 domains of the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Common Body of Knowledge. This training course will help candidates review and refresh their information security knowledge and help identify areas they need to study for the CISSP exam (not included). The vendor-neutral CISSP certification is the ideal credential for those with proven deep technical and managerial competence, skills, experience, and credibility to design, engineer, implement, and manage their overall information security program to protect organisations from growing sophisticated attacks. Backed by (ISC)², the globally recognised, not-for-profit organisation dedicated to advancing the information security field, the CISSP was the first credential in the field of information security to meet the stringent requirements of ISO/IEC Standard 17024.
- Security and Risk Management
- Asset Security
- Security Engineering
- Communications and Network Security
- Identity and Access Management
- Security Assessment and Testing
- Security Operations
- Software Development Security
- Understand and apply the concepts of risk assessment, risk analysis, data classification, and security awareness.
- Understand the structures, transmission methods, transport formats, and security measures used to provide confidentiality, integrity, and availability for transmissions over private and public communications networks.
- Offer greater visibility into determining who or what may have altered data or system information.
- Plan for technology development, including risk, and evaluate the system design against mission requirements.
- Protect and control information processing assets in centralised and distributed environments.
Who should attend
Ideal for: The CISSP is ideal for those working in positions such as, but not limited to: Security Consultant; Security Manager; IT Director/Manager; Security Auditor; Security Architect; Security Analyst; Security Systems Engineer; Chief Information Security Officer; Director of Security; Network Architect.
Pre-requisites: It is recommended that participants have a minimum of five years cumulative paid work experience in two or more of the eight domains of the CISSP Common Body of Knowledge. Holding a four-year university degree or an additional credential from the (ISC)² approved list will satisfy one year of the required experience. Education credit will only satisfy one year of experience